i am most definitely a "list person"
if you look through any of my stuff... my backpack, purse, even pockets - and you are going to find lists.
- shopping lists
- christmas present lists
- goal lists
- to-do lists
- to-be lists (This quote from from Lynn G. Robbins is my favorite - probably because it speaks directly to the list-maker in me): Many of us create to do lists to remind us of things we want to accomplish. But people rarely have to be lists. Why? To do’s are activities or events that can be checked off the list when done. To be, however, is never done. You can’t earn checkmarks with to be’s. I can take my wife out for a lovely evening this Friday, which is a to do. But being a good husband is not an event; it needs to be part of my nature—my character, or who I am.
- lists of places to go
- lists of things to cook
- lists of things to make
- lists of things i want to buy when i have money, when i graduate from college, buy a house of my own...
i basically make a list for everything. (seeing the lists my mom makes, i think i know where i got it from...)
so you would think that coming up with a "goal list" would be easy right?
i have so many, it is almost impossible (finding) and condensing them all into a single list.
so here's the short, and highly incomplete goals list:
- go on a road trip
- bike down the oregon coast
- graduate from college
- get accepted to grad school (which implies that i have to apply... sometime soon...)
- cut my own hair.
- do something that scares me every day.
- get down to 155
- run a 10k. then a half marathon.
- when i graduate, be able to fit all of my belongings into my civic. (i'm gonna dieeeee!)
- buy a car of my own
- get a job
- purge my recipes. get rid of all of the unhealthy temptations that i will make and then regret ever looking at.
i was reading about "effective goal setting" and it says that in order to be the most effective, a goal has to be time sensitive. i mean, how often do i set goals and then forget about them because i'm in no hurry to get them finished? a lot. pretty much. so this is a list that i want to finish before december 31, 2012.
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
facial hair is not one of my goals.
this pic is just too epic not to share with y'all.
and if i've never told you all about the awesome-ness of being an amazon woman, you are missing out.
this might redeem myself.
does it take longer for you to shave your legs?