when i get home, and get a free minute to myself,
i am going to make this cute apron!
i am constantly amazed at how creative people are.
i see all these cute projects, and think
i fail at life.
but that's ok! i just copy them.
(copying is flattery in its purest form...)
you know those dangerous discoveries you make?
the ones that change your life forever?
some people fall in love,
other people decide what they want their major to be,
some women find a green scarf
(confessions of a shopaholic reference there...)
i found a recipe.
to tell you the truth, i've always cooked popcorn either in the microwave or in an air popper...
i've never cooked any on the stove.
i thought that kettle corn was something that was completely be
yond my reach as a cook.
that it required special skills and equipment to be able to make this delicious goodness.
oh how wrong i was!!!
(should i be excited about this? yes. yes i should!)
makes 10 cups, cook time 5-10 min
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup sugar
salt to taste (1-2 tsp)
1. in a large pot with a lid, add oil and three kernels of popcorn. get your pot holders ready.
2. turn on the heat to medium and cover the pot. listen carefully, when the third kernel pops, your oil is ready.
3. add the rest of the popcorn and the sugar. give it a quick stir to combine and fully coat.
4. cover the pot again and heat for three seconds, then lift off the heat with your pot holders on and shake vigorously up and down for three seconds.
5. repeat heating the pot for three seconds and shaking for three seconds and continue repeating for about 5 minutes (hey, you didn’t think this deliciousness would be effortless, right?).
6. check the kettle corn for color and continue heating and shaking until popping stops or kettle corn is sufficiently golden brown.
7. pour popcorn into a large bowl and toss with salt while still hot.
8. taste and salt as desired once cool.
Can I just say how super easy this recipe was?
i am about the laziest cook - EVER - and i thought this was actually pretty fun!
i did end up halving the recipe today...
because i didn't think it was healthy to eat the whole batch by myself...
NOT because i didn't want to!
next time, the roommate and i wanted to try to add vanilla, and possibly a little cinnamon...